Baby Arugula, Roasted Beets, Grapefruit Fillets, Shaved Parmesan, Maldon flakes
Makes 1 serving
1 handful baby arugula or other baby green
1 small beet
5 grapefruit fillets or segments
30g parmesan, shaved
5g maldon or other finishing salt
15ml fruity extra virgin olive oil
- On a sheet of aluminum foil place one small rinsed beet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Fold foil over beet and crimp package shut.
- Place in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the beet. Remove from oven, and allow to cool until it can be peeled and handled.
- Fillet 5 grapefruit segments (roughly ½ of a grapefruit) and set aside.
- Slice beets about ½ cm thick and arrange pieces alternately with grapefruit segments in desired fashion.
- Arrange the arugula over the beets and segments. Garnish with Parmesan shavings, finishing salt, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.